Sunday, January 11, 2009

BLOG

Again, I'm starting and finishing several books.  I started a new book that a friend lent me, called the Art of thinking.  Its a very Christian book, that is very enjoyable.  So far it has quoted the book of the Exodus at least ten times.  I find that very interesting, because I haven't read that book in at least a year in a half.  I have also finished Journey to the Centre of the Earth (finally.)  It was very good, and i enjoyed it very much.  At about the middle, the Professor actually showed signs of fear.  They had gotten to an underground cavern with a sea, geyser, petrified trees and amazingly natural light.  Some of the particles in the top of the cavern became electrified producing natural light.  This shows again how Verne predicted more scientific discoveries.  Electricity powered machines were literally science fiction at this time, to think that he actually predicted this is quite amazing.  I guess the future really is todays science fiction.

No comments: