Tuesday, December 16, 2008

blog

So I've been reading Jules Verne a lot now, and so I've started another of his books, 20,000 leagues under the sea.  This book is by far my favorite book and I like my copy of i, because it is really, really old and you get a better translation of it.  My copy of Journey to the Centre of the Earth is far more modern, and not nearly as authentic.  I like Verne's writing a lot and I think he is one of the greatest authors of all time.  In 20,000 leagues, I love how you relate to the antagonist, Captain Nemo, because he's not really a villain even though he is suppose to be. 

3 comments:

Greer said...

My little brother really likes that book too! He says that he likes it cause of all the adventure in it, but I haven't read it yet. I guess I'll have to some time!

Austin Dummer said...

Jimmer, that is such a good story. Although the book is probably alot better, the movie kicks butt. Captian Nemo seems like a cool guy. I bet you think you guys are a lot alike.

JN said...

dummer you hit it right on the money. hope you feel better